Monday, July 23, 2012

Welcome to my travel blog!  I am thrilled to begin this adventure, sharing my adventures with you!  Did you know that wanderlust is a word originating from the Germanic language?  The German word "wandern" means "to hike" and "lust" translates as "desire."  Put together makes "a desire to hike."  When we hear the word "wanderlust now, we usually think of traveling to distant places rather than it's perfect translation.  It's actual meaning, however, fits beautifully into the purpose of this blog.  Hiking just so happens to be one of my favorite past times and I'm really looking forward to highlighing some of the beautiful places in my own backyard.  You'd probably be surprised at what is in your own local area, so don't count out places closer to home!  Chances are, you have not seen it all!  Look for posts about hiking in beautiful Southern Oregon, specifically the Rogue Valley!  Coming soon!     

No comments:

Post a Comment